What is Cisco AMP for Endpoints?
With the fact that it takes enterprises, on average, over 100 days to detect a threat in their own environment, it is clear that organisations need a new approach to endpoint security. Cisco AMP for Endpoints offers a path to simpler, more effective endpoint security. By combining prevention, detection and response in one SaaS-deployed, cloud-managed solution, it reduces complexity and stops more threats. Through this cloud-based approach, AMP for Endpoints gets actionable intelligence into the hands of organisations faster, giving them an edge against today’s attackers.
New AMP for Endpoints offers:
- Next-generation prevention that combines proven and advanced protection capabilities to stop more threats – both known and emerging malware. With the latest global threat intelligence from Cisco Talos at its backbone, AMP for Endpoints also offers built-in sandboxing technology to quarantine and analyse unknown files.
- Greater visibility and faster detection through continuous monitoring and shared analytics to detect stealth attacks. AMP for Endpoints records all file activity to monitor and detect malicious behaviour, alerting security teams fast.
- AMP for Endpoints shares and correlates threat information in real time, reducing time to detection to minutes.
- AMP for Endpoints accelerates investigations and reduces complexity through a simple cloud-based user interface to searching across all enterprise endpoints for Indicators of Compromise. Users can then systemically respond to attacks across PCs, Macs, Linux, and mobile devices, removing malware with just a few clicks.
- From the network to the endpoint to the cloud, Cisco’s threat-centric security architecture ensures that customers get more from existing security investments, increasing capability while decreasing complexity. Like other Cisco security products, AMP for Endpoints shares and correlates threat information across the entire architecture, both the AMP ecosystem and other Cisco security platforms.
Alex Hooper, CTO at Cisilion