Written by Ryan Morgan, Cisilion Collaboration Consultant
Virtual meetings can be painful, suffering from the kind of experiences that give distributed collaboration a bad reputation including last minute meeting shoehorned into an overbooked schedule, unknown participants and irritating background noise evading the mute button.
But Artificial Intelligence is about to change all of that.
AI has the power to make Webex Meetings more efficient, productive and pleasant. This new era of teamwork is called Cognitive Collaboration. It’s the application of AI and machine learning to add contextual intelligence to the entire Webex collaboration experience.
Below are just a few examples of how Cognitive Collaboration can transform your entire Webex Meeting experience:
Before the Webex Meeting
- A zero-touch digital assistant helps remove mundane tasks like joining a meeting, calling colleagues and adding people to your call.
- If you join from a conference room, the device in the room knows who you are and asks if you’d like to join your meeting.
During the Webex Meeting
- Detailed information about participants’ work history, blog posts, company and links to social media accounts are available directly in your meeting, so you don’t have to search to learn about your meeting participants.
- Facial recognition lets you put a face to a name, so when there are multiple participants in a conference room, you can easily identify people on screen.
- Keyboard tapping and other disruptive background noises are automatically detected, and the offending party is alerted with a suggestion to mute.
After the Webex Meeting
- Transcripts of your meeting are available, so you can search for action items or quickly catch up on what you missed in a meeting.
- Collaboration continues in a dedicated space for internal and external participants where you can share files, meetings recordings and a meme or two.
The before, during, and after scenario described above is only part of what Cisco are introducing into Webex. If you’d like to dive deeper into the topic of AI-driven collaboration, fill in the form below to book a workshop in our Innovation Centre where we can leverage our Cisco Gold Partner and Master Collaboration Specialisation to transform your business.