Who is Gartner:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, equipping business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organisations of tomorrow.
Meeting solutions blend communications, collaboration and content sharing to enable informal and formal meetings anywhere. Along with its Critical Capabilities companion, this research will help application leaders for meeting solutions find the vendors best suited to their needs.
Strategic Planning Assumptions
- By 2022, 40% of formal meetings will be facilitated by virtual concierges and advanced analytics.
- By 2024, remote work and changing workforce demographics will impact enterprise meetings so that only 25% will take place in person, down from 60% today.
About the Research
As part of this Magic Quadrant research process, Gartner asked the included vendors’ reference customers to list the key desired business outcomes when purchasing their chosen meeting solution. Here are the five top desired outcomes they cited, in priority order:
- Creating operational efficiencies & cost management
- Driving innovation, improving business process agility & enhancing decision making
Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions
Our Key Gartner Research Highlights:
Microsoft offers Skype for Business for hybrid, premises-based, dedicated and managed service deployment. It also offers Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams as SaaS. The vendor offers a portfolio of partner-branded conference room endpoints for Microsoft Teams, and its own Surface Hub device for collaboration.
- Microsoft’s deployment options make it a flexible choice suitable for most organisations. It offers a free version of Microsoft Teams that would be useful for organisations wishing to experiment and compare against other workstream collaboration and meeting offerings.
- Microsoft has demonstrated its focus on customer experience by addressing the needs of enterprise IT buyers and common workforce roles, supporting customer success with extensive change management materials, processes and partners, and with deployments in large customer environments.
- Reference customers surveyed by Gartner report Microsoft’s pace of innovation and improvements as well as service consistency as strengths of Microsoft Teams.
Cisco offers a variety of meeting solutions, together with a portfolio of video endpoints that span from huddle room solutions to large, customized environments. For premises-based deployments, Cisco Meeting Server is its leading product. Cisco Webex Meetings is offered as SaaS or hybrid deployments. The vendor also offers Cisco Webex Teams as SaaS or hybrid deployments for workstream collaboration.
- Cisco’s range of video infrastructure, endpoint and application offerings enable more fully integrated deployment options than any other competitor in this Magic Quadrant. Its offering includes hybrid architectures that help maximize quality and security.
- Cisco has a mature and comprehensive vertical industry program that addresses specific use cases as well as regulatory and compliance requirements for various industries, such as healthcare, financial services and the public sector.
- Reference customers note Cisco’s ability to deliver its meeting solutions globally as well as customer visibility into its product roadmap as strengths.
Your Next Steps
If you’re interested in discussing how our Cisco Gold Partner with Master Collaboration Specilisation and Microsoft Gold Partner status can help define your Meeting Solutions strategy, fill in the form below and we’ll arrange an Innovation Centre workshop with our experts.