Written By Max Smith, People Operations Executive
Today marks the launch of our Summer Step Challenge for August in aid of our wellbeing and charity initiatives and to take full advantage of the sunny (sometimes!) British weather.
Everyone across the business, whether they are remote workers or based in our London/Leatherhead offices, were encouraged to sign up and get stepping!
Taking the time to add walking into your daily routine is a great way to improve not only your physical health but your mental health and wellbeing too. Research has shown that walking has the following benefits:
- Boosts energy and activity levels
- Improves overall mood and allows the opportunity to unwind from daily stressors
- Reduces stress and anxiety, spending only 15 minutes a day in nature can help to quiet the mind
- Improves your sleep routine and helps achieve deeper sleep – especially if you have difficulty sleeping at night
- Provides more social opportunities, and we encourage #TeamCisilion to invite their family and friends on this challenge and share pictures on social media using #CisilionSummerStepChallenge.
To tie this in with supporting charities that we are passionate about, the team which achieves the most steps will receive a donation to a charity of its choice. In the spirit of fun and competition, we have randomly allocated teams of five.
We can’t wait to see #TeamCisilion take on this challenge and hopefully many choose to incorporate a daily walk into their routine once the challenge is over too!
Wish us luck!
Fancy being part of #TeamCisilion? Check out our vacancies here to apply!