Cisilion delivers next-generation IT infrastructure that transforms the way that businesses work.
Cisilion is an award-winning global systems integrator and managed service provider, working with clients in over 70 countries across 5 continents. We partner with leading technology vendors including Cisco, Microsoft, Dell EMC and Riverbed. Our mission is simple – to inspire intelligent change by delivering next-generation IT infrastructure that transforms the way that businesses work
Cisilion’s success is based on really understanding our client’s needs, and doing everything we can to make sure we provide a service of the highest quality. Our people is what enables us to do this. They are the core of our business and are what make Cisilion such a great and fast growing company.
Purpose of the Role
Cisilion are seeking a technically adept, Presales Director to work with Sales and lead the existing presales capability to develop and execute the technical solutions we deliver to our clients. The successful candidate will lead, mentor and work with other members of the presales team to address the technical needs of potential customers and close new business from sales leads. In this role, you will serve as a counsellor and advisor to customers and a technical coach to our team, providing advice and guidance throughout the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will be technically sophisticated and have the patience and passion to guide the team, clients and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our solutions. You must be able to effectively communicate internally across departments and deliver cross-functional solutions for the needs of your team. You must be able to plan, direct, and execute education and continuing enablement of your presales team. You need to be extremely comfortable talking to our clients in both friendly and high tension situations and provide guidance to your team to do the same.
You will find a collaborative work environment rewarding, yet are equally content and able to work independently. As an influential and effective presales leader, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your team.
- Define and implement winning solution strategy for prospects and clients, creating profitable and deliverable solutions.
- Understand market / industry realities, opportunities and threats while building an awareness of the domain and service lines within the industry and the sectors Cisilion work in.
- Supporting sales to qualify business opportunities and assess business requirements, translating business requirements into optimal solutions.
- Evaluation of different Request for Proposals (RFP), formulation of responses and drafting competitive bids which include specification of scope, methodology, cost and sizing estimates, terms and conditions etc.
- Mapping client requirements and coordinating in implementing processes in line with the pre-set guidelines
- Coordination with all stakeholders (sales, operations, pricing, transition, technology, HR, facilities et al) to ensure timely and high quality proposal submission.
- Creation and maintenance of an effective knowledge management system to support all the phases of the opportunity lifecycle.
- Accountable for assuring the quality of deliverables, continuous improvements, knowledge capture, automation and standardization.
- Responsible for team development and career progression.
- Understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution oriented discussion.
- Presenting to all partners and customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and programmers.
- Communicate internally at all levels to pursue initiatives relevant to your area which require input or help from other departments.
Knowledge and Key Skills
- Excellent and broad knowledge of Cisco and Microsoft solutions across Enterprise networking, Collaboration, Security, Data centre and Cloud
- Experience in conducting pre-sales activities, including requirement scoping and estimation
- Experience in responding on RFQ/RFP/ITT requests
- Experience in conducting demonstrations and proof of concepts
- Experience in delivering multi-site contact centres
- Sound rapport building skills – able to understand customer business needs
- Understanding of business processes and transformation aspects
- Ability to present to all levels from C-level to technical staff
- Ability to create and maintain vendor relationships
- Experience using vendor configuration tools
- Experience of design resource / services / managed services led opportunities
- Experience using deal registration tools
- Consultative vs Hard sell skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to produce and maintain vendor relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Effective Leadership
- Strong Business Acumen
- Revenue and Customer focused operations
- Excellent client facing meeting and presentation skills
- Personal drive, initiative, team working, flexibility, communication, resilience
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Relationship management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Self-motivated and self-improvement focus
- Degree or equivalent experience in product applications, ability to understand and explain related technologies, working knowledge of company products, all potential applications and effective communication skills.
- Knowledge in “business-value” selling tactics and techniques
- Preference for at least three years in Presales Management.
- Excellent presentation skills and poise.
- Preference for experience reseller sector, Cisco or Microsoft Gold partner
- Paid annual holidays of 23 days per annum (increasing with service)
- Additional 2 days holiday if no sick days or duvet days are taken
- 0.5 days holiday on your birthday
- 2 days additional leave for voluntary work
- Life Assurance at three times your annual salary
- Auto enrolment pension scheme with salary sacrifice
- Health cover on confirmation of probation, giving you access to discounted gym membership, high street store deals and discounts, free weekly coffees and cinema tickets and more