Who are Awin?
Awin are an internet marketing company specialising in affiliate marketing and the tracking of sales. As the biggest player in the UK, their clients include the likes of John Lewis and BT. Awin are part of the Zanox Group, with approximately 280 employees in the UK and around 1000 worldwide.
Alex Taylor — Group Head of IT
“Cisilion had the knowledge and the expertise to provide us with the best solution. Cisilion gives the feel of a large but flexible organisation who are still personable – something the bigger technology partners’ lack"
Awin were moving their London office, and required the new office to have collaboration technology that portrayed and supported the global company it is. After being recommended by Microsoft, Awin partnered with Cisilion.
Awin were using Nortel BX, BT Conferencing and old handsets which weren’t compatible with Lync Online – the instant messaging (IM) platform they were using across all offices.
- High cost of calls and pricey hand devices
- Outdated and expensive conferencing system
- Issues with internal communications
- Agile phone system not compatible with other internal platforms
As budget for replacing their aging phone system came through, Awin approached Microsoft to suggest a partner to consult them on Microsoft Lync (now Skype for Business).
As a result, Awin partnered with Cisilion after providing them the required information to reassure that the deployment of the Skype for Business full Enterprise solution would be the easiest and most cost-effective solution. With a tight timeframe from both parties, Cisilion successfully deployed the solution for it to be ready in the new offices by moving day.
Benefits & Numbers:
Through the deployment of new collaboration technology across their sites, Awin were able to achieve some significant cost and business operation savings including:
- 12K Annual Cost savings for getting rid of old conferencing system
- 15% increase in internal storage due to decrease in email usage
- 50% cost savings in international call charges and phone hardware
- Reduced travel requirements thanks to an all-rounded, international phoning and conferencing system
- Improved security & employee productivity by enabling fast and reliable platform